WHAT IS COLOCATION WEB HOSTING MEANING
Colocation web hosting is a type of hosting in which small organizations or small business companies can access their own hosted website server (these hosting servers are purchased by organizations or little business companies) at an affordable cost. It has more expenses than other web hosting server.
The colocation web hosting provider is also providing the most important facility to manage your servers like electricity, cooling, and security for your hardware. It allows you to install your server machine to someone’s closet or rack. It is also similar to the dedicated web hosting only difference is that dedicated web hosting does not allow the physical space or rack (in which colocation machinery must be installed).
Generally, A small business company requires large space than an individual. Because the company has to access several IP’s or domain addresses. Normal web hosting server like shared web hosting does not allow a huge accesses so instead of shared web hosting, these companies mostly prefer colocation web hosting.
These companies can also use dedicated web hosting to access their services but it is so expensive for that large purpose because company has to purchase more than one dedicated server for every single access. So dedicated web hosting increases expenses a lot. These large expenses may not be afforded by companies. In that cases, colocation hosting is one of the best options for companies.
In above description, I have been discussed colocation web hosting meaning
Now I want to describe some benefits and disadvantage
BENEFITS OF COLOCATION WEB HOSTING
1. Sometimes your colocation web server requires management and instalment and if you are not able to manage server then your service provider can manage your server instalment and issue with very less worth rate.
2. You have your own server so there is no need to wait for the service provider to install your software. you can solely install your software with your IT exports.
3. This is more flexible hosting service so you can easily move your server location.
4. It allows more security.
5. Provide more bandwidth than another web hosting service at the same price.
DISADVANTAGE OF COLOCATION WEB HOSTING
1. Less availability of colocation web server means -: according to your locality you can not purchase colocation web server. it is only possible when you find server provider near your residence.
2. Because of the less availability, you can not find server provider very near to your residence which may result in a large time of outage of your system (because you are required to some travel to reach your server provider).
3. in colocation web hosting plan you have to pay according to your traffic amount monthly. if there is less traffic then you will pay less money and if you get traffic then you will have to pay more money.
4. In colocation web hosting provider you have to pay more to protect your server from breakdown.