WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A DOMAIN NAME
After choosing a better platform it is very important to know about the domain. so In this post, I will tell you about DOMAIN and their some important information like……
- What is the purpose of a domain
- how to pick a domain
- Buy a domain name
- Register a domain
- long domain names
- choosing a domain name for a blog
- the full domain name
- What separates the components of a domain
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE DOMAIN NAMES
Basically, Domain represents the IP address resources. It is nothing but the identity of an internet network. it is very difficult to remember the typical IP addresses so to reduce the complexity of IP addresses it is easy to remember domain names.Domain names are produced by rules or procedure of Domain name system(DNS).
FOR EXAMPLE: if my web internet protocol address is 192.168.121.1 and someone asks me to visit my website and I tell him that my IP is 192.168.121.1 then he will have to remember these numeric numbers and we know that it is very difficult to memorize these numeric values so we develop domain names to memorize these IP addresses instead of numeric numbers.
DOMAIN NAME SYSTEM (DNS)
Basically, DNS is a naming system of computers or services, and any other device that is connected to the internet. It provides the name services to the server .it translates the domain into corresponding IP addresses.
There is also an important term to discuss domain name space
DOMAIN NAME SPACE
As the name indicates that domain space is a type of space to authorized the domain registrars through which domain names are registered. domain name space is a top level development and authorized by ICANN (internet corporation for assigned names and numbers). Domain space consist of a group of domain names and each of group contains information of the corresponding domain.
What is DNS (Domain name Service or Domain name System) & how does it work
- first step: Suppose you type CISCO.com in your browser.
- Now DNS server sends your request to retrieving IP address of CISCO.com over to Root-level Domain name Server (RLDS). A RLDS is a name server which contains the information of all the top level domains that may be responsible for your domain information. RLDS is the first solution because this is the place from which your domain name start to converts into hosted Ip address. please do remember that RLDS does not have your exact IP address so RLDS forwards this request to TOP level Domain Server(TLDS).
- Based on the information TLDS knows the Second Level domain (CISCO) and then TLDS forwards the exact IP of your search query (CISCO.com). Now this IP Address sends to Internal DNS server for which over browser was looking for.
Note: In this example Second Level Domain is CISCO and TOP Level Domain is .Com