Hello friends , This information is dedicated to those who are newbie in blogging field . Their are number of Blogging platforms like blogger,wordpress , wix , etc. but blogger and wordpress both are More popular than others. Most of the Beginners start their blogging carrier from blogger. So after starting it is very important to customize your Domain name.
Let me first introduce you about the Godaddy . it is the world’s Largest Domain and Hosting provider company. you can buy or register a domain from godaddy.
As a guider I want to make you little bit familiar about Standard and Custom Domain name.
Difference Between Standard and Custom Domain Name
When you make a blog from blogger or wordpress. then you choose a domain name for your blog likes xxxxx.blogspot.com or xxxxx.wordpress.org . here you will find that you can not delete blogspot.com or wordpress.org from your domain name. because these are the default name which are recommended by their owners . so these are the standard domains .
But at the other hand custom domain means , which is customized by you in order to increase the domain authority of your domain. in order to customize your domain you have to buy a domain from domain name provider companies like godaddy ,namecheap, hostgator & bluehost .
To buy or register a domain from godaddy please refer following guide: How to pick a domain.
After register a domain it is very important to know that how to configure it with your blogger blog.it is very simple to do that . Let me start ….
Step By Step Guide To Setup a Custom Domain Name on Blogger With Godaddy
- First of all go to your godaddy account .
- Then Click Over The Domains> Manage
- After Clicking on the Manage You will see the list of domains that you bought Earlier . suppose you bought xxxx.com domain . then you will only see this domain in your Domain name list.
- Now Click On the Domain name . you will redirect to another page named as domain details.
- Now go to the DNS Zone File . you will see The earlier form .
- Now go to the another tab and switch your blogger account . Click on Setting > Basic >Setup a Third Party Url for your blog.
- After doing so you will see something like that…
- Next step : you have to put your domain new domain (with www prefix )that you have already bought.
- Then Click on the Save . As you click on the Save button . you will see an error .
- In this case you have copy the ( CNames) Host Field & and Point to Field .
- then go tho the Godaddy account > DNS Zone File . Add both of these Cnames in the Cname section . After Adding both of these cnames click save .
- congratulations …you have successfully redirected your old domain to new one . now again go to your blogger settings > basic and click save . your domain name redirected to the xxxx.com .