Do you want to increase your online business reach and search visibility? Then you should try some local SEO tips that can help businesses to grow their local reach and increase conversions.
Back in 2014, Google had launched new update called “The pigeon”. The main focus of this update was the ‘Local search engine optimization.’
Google said that this update would improve all the issues related to the location, google map and distance variables used in local businesses. That means google really concerns about the Local business.
As you know, nowadays people are more likely to engage with internet for seeking best product and services out there.
For example, today if you are planning to go out for dinner.
Then what you do first, I believe that you open your browser and type “best restaurant in Delhi near by Laxminagar.” or something like that.
Google shows you some top results related your query listed below.
From above example, I can say that all these top results have already utilized Local search terms or keywords to grasp people’s attention.
Here you notice some best search engine optimization tips that really helps both user and search engine to grasp the attention.
- Rating stars: this is the key point of the local SEO. It is the very first thing that every local business should include within their landing profile.
- Location: provide a local address.
It results in high conversion rate and better customer satisfaction.
My today’s topic is for all local businesses who want to increase their product sell and services.
let’s get started.
Best Local SEO Tips To Increase Your Business Reach and Search Visibility
If you are running a local business and want to increase business reach to your local area then I prefer you to apply these techniques. I am sure these tips would help you to over come issues like less reach, low conversion rate and less search visibility.
#1. Allow your customers to review
Would you like to interact with your customers virtually. Then it is a good practice to have a review section on your Business landing profile.
Benefits of including review section on your business profile
- It allows the user to review your product or service.
- The good review states that product/service is good. Which directly increase conversion rate and customer satisfaction.
- Customer satisfaction is the key to make some improvement in product/services.
- Businesses can easily analyze customer demand and accordingly make modifications.
- If you always respond to user’s query/review then it has positive impact on your business.
#2. Keep an eye on your competitors
Competitors are like an open book to learn insights of SEO, marketing, keyword researching and so on. That means keeping an eye on your competitors can give you some great ideas to improve your business strategies. So I suggest you should not ignore these gold mines.
Now you might ask how can I focus on competitors’ activity and always remain one step ahead of all the competitors. Don’t worry there are some important tips to monitor your Competition.
- Read your competitors’ blog: It’s a good habit to always look over to your competitors’ blog. Reading other’s content can give you some better ideas to make your content bold.
- Analyze competitors’ activity on social media: Go to their social media profiles and follow them to always get notified.
- Use ‘Buzzsumo‘ to know popular social shares and ‘Hootsuite‘ tool to manages all your social media channels to know brand’s insights of both you and your competitors as well.
- Analyze keyword ranking: Always take a look at competitors’ keyword ranking strategies and try to understand their ranking methodologies. There are bunch of keyword analyzer tools like ‘accuranker.com’, Ahrefs, SEMrush and so on.
- Subscribe to their blog to get real-time updates.
#3. Always provide your business name, address and phone number (NAP)
If you give your original business’ identity then user can easily contact you. So I suggest you always provide your business’ name, address and phone number. Add this information not only on homepage but also on every single page of your website.
#4. Make Your online Business mobile friendly
As you know mobile friendly websites score high traffic on google than that are not fully optimized. That’s why, your website should be mobile friendly because almost 51% searches come form mobile devices. This is one of the most important Local SEO technique to increase search visibility.
#5. Don’t forget on page SEO
Most of the businesses ignore on page SEO. But if you don’t apply these techniques you might not get better results. So do proper SEO like keyword insertion, content relevancy, LSI keyword that can purely describe your business and services.
#6. Choose domain that matches your business brand
Your domain should be very much similar to your brand. Make your domain as smaller as possible so that it can easily be remembered.
Include keyword to your Domain name to increase search visibility.
Always prefer .com as a TLD. If you don’t find then you can take .net.
.com is more preferable and easy to remember.
Don’t use unusual spelling for your domain name.
#7. Include a blog category to your business website
As you know “content is king”. So it’s a good practice to write a blog and include this category to your business site. It helps search engine to easily find your business insights and also helpful for users.
For example popular american pizza restaurant ‘The Domino’z Pizza’ uses Blog category at the bottom in it’s landing page.
#8. Include high quality images and videos related to product and services
If you embed some images and videos on your site then you may notice 41% increase in CTR (click through rate).
#9. Track down large businesses to learn advance Local SEO strategies
Always learn from large businesses. Because they use advance SEO strategies to over come their competitors. So, It’s a good idea to over look on their local business techniques.
How do you track down these businesses
- Select some top businesses within your niche and start following them on twitter, facebook, LinkedIn etc.
- Analyze their business strategies.
- See their ‘google my business‘ profile and update your business listing accordingly.
See how “google my business” for britannia bread bakery profile looks like: –
#10. Secure your business
Security is now responsible for ranking your local businesses. If your business is not secure then google consider it as a scam or something less preferable than other those are secured.
#11. Ensure whether your business visible or not
There is a tool called ‘Dexknows‘ which let you give the information about your business’ profile visibility. You need to just go there and search for your business. if you find that your business profile looks outdated or does not provide the essentials that mean you need to update it.
See how domino’s pizza local business profile looks like: –
It has business name, URL , customer’s review section, phone number, address, photos, videos and Maps.
You can also use yelp to check How your profile looks like: –
#12. Create a page for each physical location
If your business has more than one physical locations then make a web page for each physical location.
What is the reason and why you should do so?
This is because back in 2010 Matt cutts stated that “Make a page for each location.”
There are several reasons behind this
- If you buy a domain for each location then it would be costly for small businesses.
- Due to the different-different domain name, it’s hard to remember each domain.
- Requires more time to apply SEO on multiple domains.
- A large group of experts are required for managing and updating system and information.
What are the benefits of using this strategy
- Low management.
- No confusion.
- It’s easy to doing SEO for one domain rather than multiple domains
#13. Complete your business profile on all local listing sites
You should never forget this. Because if you don’t upload your proper NAP on all local listing sites like Google my business, Bing local and yahoo local then how do they know about your business. So make sure put your business name, address and phone number.
Local SEO is the best way to increase your business reach and visibility. In today’s article I have given you some important Local SEO tips that can help you setting up your business in a better way.
There are so many thing that you need to remember Before you startProvide
- Your address – Your business address should be real
- Provide Local phone number
- Blog category ( having at least 2 to 3 high quality rich content. It helps you to rank your business page on top)
- Citation or authority – NAP (Business Name, Address, Phone number ) authority should be high.
If you are going to run a local business then you should recall all these techniques that I have listed above.
If you know some other business strategies then you can freely drop them into comment section.
Any problem then feel free to ask.
If you like this article then please do share on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.