Today I am going to Discuss How to point domain name to website hosted elsewhere. Most of the beginners faces this type of silly Problems. I also faced this problem . But after Some Time I feel that this is very simple.
There are many People Who have same problem that I have mentioned earlier. They are unable to point Domain name to Website hosted elsewhere. Because they bay domain from Godaddy or other’s Domain registrar Company Like Namecheap, hostgator and Hosted their website to a different Hosting Company Like Hostgator , Bluehost etc.. in this Condition beginners gets Confuse to Configure it. So I am here to Resolve this Confusion. So please Keep on eyes on it.
As we all know that Godaddy is a best internet Domain registrar & Web hosting Company . But my experience says that godaddy is only a good Domain registrar Company but not a good Web hosting Company.
There may be many Combinations for domain registration and hosting . because their are number of Web hosting & domain registrar companies . One can choose any of these Combinations Given Below:
|Domain Registrar Company||Web Hosting Company||Combinations|
|1. Godaddy||Godaddy||Godaddy + Godaddy|
|2. Namecheap||Namecheap||Namecheap + Namecheap|
|3.Godaddy||Bluehost||Godaddy + Bluehost|
|4. Godaddy||Hostgator||Godaddy + Hostgator|
|6.Namecheap||Bluehost||Namecheap + Bluehsot|
However Their are many other Hosting and domain registrar Companies. but i have listed only Most popular Companies.
You can Choose One of them from the list to Make your Website . I suggest you to Choose 3rd , 4th , 5th & 6th Combinations to make your website. I also chose 4th Combination .
I am taking 4th Combination as my Prime Concern. According to it godaddy choose for Domain Registration and Hostgator Choose for web hosting.
If you have already been purchased your Domain from Godaddy then you do not need to read following Guide . But If you are newbie then you Must read my guide :
Step By Step Guide To Point godaddy Domain name to Hostgator Hosted Website :
First Step : Buy a Domain from Godaddy (How to pick a domain Name From Godaddy?)
Second Step: Buy a Web Hosting Plan from Hostgator . To Buy a hosting plan from Hostgator Please follow these instructions.
- Switch to your Hostgator Account if you already have (* If not Please Create New One )
- Choose a Hosting Plan . for Beginners Shared Web Hosting > Baby Plan (If you use This Link Then you would only pay 0.01$ for first One Month . For More Information Read My Guide : Get Almost Free Hosting For First 1Month Use Coupon Code CENT1)
- fill your Billing Information (* Please do Uncheck all the additional Services)
The whole billing form looks like as follow —->
- After filling all the Information Click On Checkout now! Button.
- after a while you will get an Email . in this Email you will find your user name & password and some other DNS information which is very much useful to point Domain name to your website.
Third Step : Now its time to point domain name to hosted website . in this step you have first Switch to your Godaddy account .
Then Click to Manage Domain . here you will see your domain Status.
Step Four : Now Click on the Domain name that you want to Configure or Point . Suppose I want to Manage mechaplanet.org . then I Simply Click on the Domain name (mechaplanet.org) > Settings> Nameservers
Now you have to only Click on the Manage Link Underneath of Nameservers . then you will find a following popup . Select setup type Custom Nameserver
Step Five : Now Go to your Gmail Account and Copy your Nameservers & Paste these nameservers to the above popup . It will takes Up to 48 hours to Point domain name to your new Nameservers.
Congratulations !!! You have successfully Point domain name to your new hosted website .
If you feel that this post is helpful for you then please share it on facebook and twitter . If you have any query regarding this topic then let them drop in comment section . I will do my best to make you satisfied …..
He Started His Blogging Career out of Passion. But now it has Became Passion For him.
Latest posts by shailesh shakya (see all)
- How Can I Increase CTR by Using Compelling SEO Meta Description - February 24, 2017
- build your own professional blog on wordpress within 5 minutes - February 18, 2017
- About Me: Behind The Beginners Blog - February 15, 2017