Today I am going to discuss about the SSL certificate . What is the mean of ssl ? . why is it require ?. Most of people does not know about the SSL certificate . But it is more important to understand the use of ssl certificate.
What is SSL ?
SSL is refers as Secure Socket Layer . It is basically a security Protocol which generates an encrypted Link or connection between the Website and Browser (Like Mozilla firefox , Google chrome). It is used to protect your secure data like ATM card number , pin number , password etc.
Why you Should Need SSL Certificate
- If your Website is allowing Security accessing Process like ATM transaction . In these cases you will want to secure your ATM information like password , card number etc .
- SSL Certificate helps you to secure your Login page.
- If you are directly checkout with paypal , or other trusted website then there is no need of any SSL certificate.
- SSL Certificate provides safe encryption and safe browsing , due to this reason mostly e-commercial website use SSL to secure their customer’s private information.
How SSL Certificate works
As I Mentioned above that SSL is a Security System that protect our personal or private information from any hacking activity . It is very important to understand the working of ssl .
When someone access a web page looks like this :
Here Green Lock Indicates that the website is totally secure by using https (hyper text transfer protocol secure) .
Similarly when your browser search for any SSL certified website . This website is highly encrypted by Security Layer . This security layer is created by SSL . So if browser requests any ssl website from server , then Browser first has to create a shake hand with the server . which ensures that the website is totally secure from very beginning .
After this server has make an attempt to verify the site with ssl . once the certificate make a qualification then the server delivers the website to the browser to browse any query along with it.
Advantage of SSL
- Your website become totally secure .
- It protects data privacy.
- As we all know that the data send by the server is passes through many computers which make your privacy more unsecure . so ssl is important to make your privacy More secure .
- Third parties can not access your private data.
- Improve customer’s trust.
- It also helps to increase in search engine ranking.
Disadvantage of SSL
- It makes the sever slow. because it includes encryption and decryption process . which take much time to access .
- Cost of SSL is higher .because ssl service provider requires maintenance of infrastructure . SSL certificate provider also has to verify the business credentails .
- Expiry date : Renew the ssl certificate is also essential . because if you do not renew your certificate then you site also get expired .